Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring (finally)

Here's my eggs..........
I found one!!!!!!
Waiting for Daddy (I mean the Easter Bunny....no we didn't even tell our kids about the Easter Bunny. Hopefully they don't share the bad news with other kids) to hide the eggs.
Ethan sporting Emily's new sunglasses (can you tell he has an older sister ;)! )
I love how she is plugging her ear in this picture as if she can't hear well.....
Emily sporting her new sunglasses from Aunt Ree.
Ethan giving kisses. The picture isn't the greatest, but I have been trying to capture this on camera and this is the best I got. I just LOVE how he kisses.
Emily with her "favorite" flowers. I am looking forward to the day we spray our yard and I am no longer handed 20 "flowers" when we go outside. Although, I do love how thoughtful and kind she is to share them with me (and anyone else who is here). Too bad they don't stay "lively" for very long....she is having a hard time grasping that concept.
Silly face!!
Ethan is starting to count (and talk) much more. It goes something like this: "un, oo, ee, or, i". (so I tried sounding them out and that is what I got). It is cute though and he is trying....really trying!! Not much fun is happening other than getting to play outside. I am SO SO SO grateful for spring!!

Emilyisms....

Today we were outside playing and Emily informed me she was going to the store and asked what I wanted. After creating quit the list I asked if she was going to pay for all of it (seriously, it probably would have been like $50ish for reals). She said yes, then proceeded to say, "but mom, can I have your card". I am not sure I convinced her that SHE was going to pay for it not me.

She is constantly "teaching" Ethan.....not sure I am so excited about this one.

She has been trying to use a microphone to do this (I am assuming she is trying to do what they do in primary) which is usually a cord to whatever electrical device around she can find.....I don't like this one either.

She asked to text "my aunt Kimberly" (And yes, everyone is "her......" fill in the blank). Alden told her she was teaching school and she wouldn't respond. (We don't have a cell phone so she had asked uncle Alden). She replied "But it is my (emphasis on the my) aunt Kimberly so she will!!" (Don't forget that Kimberly)!!

I asked her to get her pj's on the other day and she said "Mom, I am sick of you" (in not so nice a voice). Thankfully her aunt was here to set her straight because honestly, I was trying desperately not to laugh. I guess I probably should stop saying that (Didn't hardly realize I was).

Trent asked Emily to get her shoes on so we could leave. Emily didn't move so Trent nicely said, Emily did you hear me? Emily replied "yes Daddy, I have an itch. When I am done itching my itch I will get my shoes on". It was HILARIOUS!!!! Yet again, thankfully an aunt was there to save us because Trent and I were both about to loose it. (No wonder my kids don't think I am serious when I get mad at them).

I am sure there are more, but I can only remember these ones right now!!

1 comment:

  1. :D So fun/funny listening to what little kids say. When Carson starts talking I'm going to have to remember to record stuff because it is just to fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete