Sunday, June 20, 2010

What do you think?

I was sitting in Relief Society today listening to the lesson and thinking about how Christ died for us. He made it possible for each of us to return to Home someday. We talked about how He hurt so much he litterally bled from every pore.

Maybe I try and see the good in things too often....it is just something I do and I truly believe if I look (sometimes it has to be hard) I can find something good about everything. So maybe this stemed from that, but I was just thinking.....

How did Christ make it through that pain. Do you think as He knelt there and suffered so greatly, He was also thinking of the good that we do? I mean, that would be so so so hard (I mean hard enough that really I can't describe nor imagine it), but something got Him through!!

I am not trying to say anything contrary to the Gospel...I know He did it because HE wanted to!! I know He suffered to the point of asking it to stop.....but I really wonder if or at some point in His life did our lives flash before Him and He was able to SEE why it was so important.

Maybe this is just my finite mind thinking because I truly can't fathum the pain He must have endured to litterally bleed from every pore.....

Whatever it was that got Him through it, I am so grateful for the Atonement and for Christ for suffering so much that we all might return to our Heavenly Father again. What a joyous occasion that will be!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a good thing to think about. I'll have to think about that a while, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS, MELISSA. YOU ARE RIGHT ON! ALSO, THANKS TOY AND TRENT FOR MAKING THAT TRIP TO THE STORE TO MAKE YOUR MOM FEEL WONDERFUL. THAT IS THE NICEST THING ANYONE COULD DO. LOVE YOU LOTS! GRANDMA PULLAN

    ReplyDelete