Trent was able to take 2 weeks off this year (in a row...and at tax return time) so we packed up and went down to Utah and Vegas. Our only "plans" were not to have a "plan". We did know we would stay in Utah for two nights and then head down to Vegas. We looked up MANY things online that we might want to do, but nothing set in stone. (here is what we ended up doing...might get boring, but I don't want to forget this trip).
We stayed in Utah (Provo) Monday/Tuesday night. We went to Kimberly's apt when we first got there and let the kids run free!! Thankfully Kimberly was up for some hide-n-seek and other games. The kids LOVED it!! On Tuesday, Kimberly took the day off and we got to hang out ALL DAY LONG!!! It was soooo fun!!! We went to Hogle zoo (which I must say was NOTHING like we thought it would be....Portland was WAYYYYY better!! To their credit there was A TON of construction). This was pretty much the only place I actually remembered to take my camera too. We then ate some lunch (which brings me to my next story). We decided to go to some fast food place (which I don't remember the name of) and on the way there, we decided to try for a pizza buffet instead. This lead us to turning around again and again. Phones (with their maps and info) are great but not always right. I think there was one stoplight which we went through going north, south, east, and west. We decided against the buffet and went to Wingers instead (I think that is what it was anyway). After lunch we went to the Living Animals Aquarium. It was fun, but again, the one in Oregon was WAY better. The best thing was just spending time as a family and with Kimberly. Tuesday night, Kimberly (very kindly) watched our kids and Trent and I ate dinner with a friend of ours who just got married. It was soooooo fun (even though we were driving in the dark, in a snow storm, with a phone telling us the place was in the middle of the freeway). Thanks again KIMBERLY!!!!! We love you and miss you tons (really we do....I am not gunna lie...I am tearing up just typing this!!!!)
Wednesday we packed up the motel and drove to Vegas. There again we were in a snow storm and had to stop and unfreeze our windshield wipers (not to mention all the other times we stopped). We finally made it to Vegas that evening and went straight to the hospital where Trent's brother was (thankfully he was able to get out before we left Vegas). We ate dinner with their family (and his sister who was there, but flying out that night). We stayed the whole time at my Grandparents (THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!). I am pretty sure they enjoyed us but were ready for us to leave by the time we finally did!! We got to do lots and lots of fun things. We went to the strip a few times. We most enjoyed Circus Circus where there is an Adventure Dome. We walked around the whole thing and decided to get the kids bracelets so they could ride the rides for a while. BAD idea!!! Well sort of. They got on the first ride. We thought we were being great parents and sooooo nice for getting them the wrist bands. The ride started (it was just a little train that went in an oval shape) and the screaming started. Ethan was crying sooo hard the nice man stopped the train and let him off and then continued it for all the other riders. Trent and I were crying because we were laughing so hard. I know, call us bad parents. It really was so funny. I had my camera, but didn't get a picture because I was laughing too hard. Emily thankfully liked the ride (and many others) to make up for Ethan not liking them!! We also went miniature golfing there. I am hoping to get the pictures (and videos) from my phone of this!! SOOOOO funny. I loved how the kids tried so hard to get the ball in the whole (no matter how it ended up getting in there).
We also went to the "Butterfly Park" with my Grandma. It is a very cute park with lots of butterflies, caterpillars and other fun toys. The ride there was GREAT!! Grandma, please forgive me in advance for sharing this story!! :)!! While on the way we might have gotten lost. We finally got turned around and my Grandma found a road she thought would take us there (which it did). The only thing was the road was marked off to not go down it. We are driving down the road and my Grandma was like "no one else is on this road". Trent and I were like "ya, that is because it was blocked off". My Grandma was like "oh really. I didn't see it". It was soooo funny. Then a minute later, while still on the road, she said "I kind of like driving down blocked off roads. There is no other traffic." I think Trent and I will ALWAYS remember that park, but even more the "journey" to get to that park.
Another funny story. The day we went to Mandalay Bay we were there all day. On the drive back to my Grandparents the kids were exhausted. Ethan fell asleep in no time. Emily said "Mom/Dad!! Ethan is so totally out of it". She then continued to talk and talk and talk and wouldn't go to sleep. Finally I noticed that it was quite and I turned around. I wish I could have got a picture, but I didn't so here is what I saw. She had her arm on the arm rest with her finger up her nose and her head being held up by it. When I started laughing and told Trent to look and he started laughing she woke up (hence why I didn't get a picture). She gave me this look like "why are you laughing so loud? Can't you see I am sleeping?". It then clicked that her finger was in her nose and she pulled it out. As she did so, she laughed one of those "huh, huh" laughs. It was soooo funny.
We were able to eat dinner with Rick and Michelle and Jodi and Jerry and there kids on Sunday. It was fun to see them (It had basically been almost 8 years since I had seen their kids). It was fun to sit and chat and be able to see them all again. Thanks for taking the time to come see us!!!
The BEST part of Vegas (and I am being TOTALLY serious) was getting to hang out and play games with my Grandparents. It was SOOOO much fun. I was able to talk with them more during that week than I ever remember in my life. I feel so close to them and we sooo appreciate them allowing to stay at their house and making us feel so much at home. It was fun staying up late and playing games (even though I rarely won). Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!!!
We drove back to Utah on Tuesday and ate dinner with Kimberly and then stayed the night in North Ogden. We got up Wednesday morning and went swimming and then drove home. It was a great trip.
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Oregon does have some pretty great places to go. Vegas is fun to visit. I love your stories. =)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post!!!!! Thank you for all of the pictures and hilarious stories!!! And THANK YOU for forever for visiting me as part of your trip- I can't even tell you how much I loved spending the day with you! I love you!!!!
ReplyDelete